Selasa, 15 Desember 2009

Pretty In Soft Pink!

Posted on 03.00 by design arsitektur



Karla created this charming bedroom for her little girl. Check out Karla's blog - It's The Little Things That Make A House A Home - to view more photos of this sweet pink and green girls bedroom.

1. What gave you the idea for the room? Anything special that inspired you?


After having two boys, I knew that I wanted her room to be as pink and as girly as it could be! I love eyelet fabric and scallops on little girl dresses, pants, socks, bed linens - you name it - I love it, so I wanted to recreate that look in her room. Painting the scallops on her walls was a ton of work, but completely worth it! The dot at the point of the scallop was intentional to give it that eyelet feel. The matching polka dot border that I painted near her ceiling came after I had finished decorating the room. I had been feeling like the room was lacking something, and adding that pop of green at the ceiling brings your eye up and shows the contrast between the wall colors.
2. What are the paint colors? Any do-it-yourself projects?

The paint colors are: Primrose Bouquet #PPL-43 and Palm Breeze #420E-2, both by Behr. Painting the scallops was a big DIY job, but the biggest DIY project in her room is her bed. My husband built it for her, which I think is such a sweet little touch. I love it that the place that she lays her head every night was created by her daddy! I also took an old, small pedestal table that I found at a thrift shop, gave it a makeover with paint and words and it became a tea table for her and her dolls.


Clever idea with the big brothers holding signs in the photo! This is how Karla announced they were pregnant to their friends and family.









3. Please share any bedding, art furniture finds? What's your favorite purchase. Is there something you had to have?

Her bedding, curtains and curtain rod are all from Target from the Simply Shabby Chic collection. The bookcase is from Ikea. The dresser is from a local all-wood furniture store.

It's hard to narrow down what my favorite purchase was. It was so much fun to start buying cute, little, pink accessories after I had convinced myself that we were destined to have all boys!

The item that I knew I had to have for her room was the Ikea bookcase. It has scallops on the top which just reinforce the theme and I love that it feels like a girly piece of furniture. The fact that it is functional as well, is just icing on the cake!

Thanks Karla for sharing such a well-loved, adorable room!

No Response to "Pretty In Soft Pink!"

Leave A Reply